Re: Accessibility for person with a motor disability

* Does head-tracking is really efficient?

(Disclaimer: I'm the author of eViacam and EVA Facial Mouse)

If by efficiency you mean achieving the same throughput than a regular mouse, then the answer is no. I'm not aware about any head tracker solution able reach the same low difficulty level (in terms of the Fitt's law) and interaction speed as the mouse. In other words, interacting with the computer using a head tracker is slower than using a mouse.

However, if you mean whether is there a FOSS head tracker solution available for GNU/Linux as efficient as similar products, then I would say yes. I know about some eViacam users that say that it is almost as accurate as the best hardware based commercial solutions. This, of course, is opinionable and user experience depend on many factors such as practice and working conditions (quality of the camera, lighting, etc.).

* Do you know if there are other useful application?

There was a website that collected many open source assistive technology software (not only for GNU/Linux). The site is now gone but could be still consulted here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160412220413/http://www.oatsoft.org:80/Software/listing/Repository

Best

Cesar