Re: No sound From Orca after a Strech Install

Le 22/01/2017 à 19:02, am_dxer@fastmail.fm a écrit :
> […]
> I did find a solution to my problem. In the
> Orca preferences by changing the option from default speech synthesizer
> to espeak-ng on the Voice tab things work properly. I think that for
> some reason, on my hardware, no speech synthesizer is selected by
> default. Can you reproduce this with a fresh install on your hardware?

I had the same issue on my Sid install after upgrading speech-dispatcher
(or espeak?) to the version that brought espeak-ng.  I did the same,
selecting the engine manually, but there definitely seem to be a problem
somewhere -- for me, at least through an upgrade path.

Regards,
Colomban