Re: No sound From Orca after a Strech Install

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017, at 11:47 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> am_dxer@fastmail.fm, on Sun 22 Jan 2017 11:22:54 -0500, wrote:
> > In the Stretch install, the HDMI sound device was selected as the
> > default device in the Mate Control Panel on both laptops.
>
> Mmm, I'm afraid it might be the same kind of issue as I had.
>
> I've put in /etc/modprobe.d/perso.conf this:
>
> options snd-hda-intel index=1,0
>
> which exchanges the two cards, so HDMI comes second. Otherwise I don't
> get any output through pulseaudio.
>
> Samuel
Hello,
Thanks for your suggestions. I tried that and it didn't turn out to be
the problem, however, it did prevent me from having to change hdmi to
internal speakers and listed the speakers as the first device in sound
prefs so it is a great help. I did find a solution to my problem. In the
Orca preferences by changing the option from default speech synthesizer
to espeak-ng on the Voice tab things work properly. I think that for
some reason, on my hardware, no speech synthesizer is selected by
default. Can you reproduce this with a fresh install on your hardware?
Thanks.