Re: xclip problem

echo $DISPLAY in speakup returns nothing yet when mate runs, it gets something for a DISPLAY otherwise I doubt any graphical user environment could run.

On Fri, 22 Dec 2017, chrys wrote:

Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 19:45:48
From: chrys <chrys@linux-a11y.org>
To: debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: xclip problem

Howdy,

sorry maybe its not that helpful that it should but:
fenrir (sadly i canot say anything about speakup :/) solves the issue by providing an: export clipboard to file -> does not need and display but creats an special file in /tmp for sharing
command. no X is needed for this.
it also have an command (using xclip) to place throw the current fenrir clipboard in X (display is here needed as well)

cheers chrys