Re: xclip problem

I don't yet know if the force worked or not. With both commands an error message to the effect cannot open DISPLAY :0 was returned. I have mate running on this system if it helps too.

On Wed, 20 Dec 2017, Samuel Thibault wrote:

Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 12:10:34
From: Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>
To: debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: xclip problem

Hello,

Jude DaShiell, on mer. 20 d?c. 2017 12:04:32 -0500, wrote:
When I use xclip it's with speakup running not orca so no display exists.
Unfortunately xclip cannot handle a run without a display being set.  I
tried copying a link in speakup with xclip so I could run it in firefox with
orca and link my computer to my dropbox account but that's not possible.

You can force display:

DISPLAY=:0 xclip -o
echo foo | DISPLAY=:0 xclip -i