When will a working version of fenrir screen reader come back to testing?

Ok, here is a good one.  I wonder when fenrir screen reader will be making a comeback appearance in testing.  I have found it impossible to get speakup activated again once the module speakup_soft.ko was moved back to staging.

I am using kali linux which is a debian derivative and it is based on testing.  I would like to get my command line side of things talking again as soon as possible, but I cannot get anything other than silence out of speakup since kali 2017.2, and it is really frustrating.

If it is possible to get speakup talking again, I will take that as I am more familiar with speakup than fenrir.

Thanks.

--

Romans 10

  9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe
in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.