Re: gnome-orca version policy?

On Sat, Sep 16, 2017 at 08:45:11PM AEST, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> Ubuntu's orca has 2 extra patches: one for better Unity support and
> one to use gsettings for new installs. Otherwise, the a11y packages
> are in sync now between Debian and Ubuntu, at least in the Debian VCS.

The GSettings support will eventually be upstream, but Joanmarie wants to
move Orca to using libpeas first, no idea when that will happen, although
libpeas has recently been extended to allow python applications to be a
libpeas plugin host, or at least this has been started, not sure if its
finished yet.

Luke
--
Please check out my Patreon campaign and spread the word.
https://patreon.com/lukefoss