Re: How long id Jessie supported?

Le 04/08/2017 à 23:42, Mark Peveto a écrit :
sorry it took me a couple days to get back to you.
I am using stretch, but have considered moving back to jessie, since spd-conf to work with speech dispatcher doesn't work in stretch.  Withouth being
able to use spd-conf to move speech-dispatcher to libao instead of pulseaudio, my progress beeps do not work in orca, and that's alnmost a deal breaker

You can switch to libao without spd-conf. You could edit the "/etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf" and below the line '# AudioOutputMethod "pulse"' add the following line : 'AudioOutputMethod "libao"'

Libreoffice didn't wanna install from backports for me either, claiming I'd held broken packages.  Somehow, it ended up
working with orca, but it was another issue I hit.

I don't understand exactly what you mean here. What did you try to do?

I couldn't install dropbox without using a jessie repo to do it.
I think that's probably enough for now.

You could install dropbox with Caja or Nautilus :
- For caja : sudo apt install caja-dropbox
- For nautilus : sudo apt install nautilus-dropbox

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager