Re: How long id Jessie supported?

Hi there,
sorry it took me a couple days to get back to you.
I am using stretch, but have considered moving back to jessie, since spd-conf to work with speech dispatcher doesn't work in stretch.  Withouth being
able to use spd-conf to move speech-dispatcher to libao instead of pulseaudio, my progress beeps do not work in orca, and that's alnmost a deal breaker
I noted in a message that I received on the subject that devs are aware of the problem, but that it may not be fixed until the next version, and that
just doesnt' work for me.  Libreoffice didn't wanna install from backports for me either, claiming I'd held broken packages.  Somehow, it ended up
working with orca, but it was another issue I hit.
I couldn't install dropbox without using a jessie repo to do it.
I think that's probably enough for now.

for me.

Mark Peveto
Registered Linux user number 600552