Re: progress beeps in orca that comes with debian 9 also known as stretch

Hi

Mark Peveto schrieb am 01.08.2017, 19:14 -0500:
>Is anyone aware of how to make the progress beeps work in orca besides totally pulling pulse audio out of the system?
>Taking pulse out was going to be my first choice, but sincd spd-conf doesn't work, I can't do that.\
From the other message from you, I recall that you had a working setup from
another version of Debian. Do you have access to this system, or have you
reinstalled Debian on the same machine? If you have access, try to copy the
hidden directory called ".config/speech-dispatcher" to the new system, which should get
you around spd-conf.

Alternatively, you can copy /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf to a
.config/speech-dispatcher like this:

mkdir -p ~/.config/speech-dispatcher
cp /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf ~/.config/speech-dispatcher

Open ~/.config/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf and search for a line  containing
"AudioOutputMethod". Go to a new, blank line and insert:
AudioOutputMethod "libao".
That at least gets rid of the pulse dependency.

HTH
Sebastian
--
Web: https://www.crustulus.de (English|Deutsch)  | Blog: https://www.crustulus.de/blog