Re: accessibility like speech and braille in the debian live console and desktop images

Nick Gawronski, on lun. 01 mai 2017 14:35:39 -0500, wrote:
> Hi, Why not have the shortcuts be the same for both console and graphical
> discs to make things easier for the end user?

I was thinking that the user still needs to somehow decide between
console and graphical, but he can just press ctrl-alt-f[1-7] for that.
So it rather becomes a question of enabling speech, only.

I just realized: to be coherent with the standard installation CD,
shouldn't the "Install" entry just enter the exact install menu as found
on the standard installation CD?  That way, the main menu can contain
the live boot options with shortcuts, and typing 'i' enter leads to the
install boot menu, with the usual boot options with shortcuts.  For
sighted people, that only means pressing enter one more time, and for
non-sighted people, that means only having to type 'i' enter before
having the usual installation shortcuts, and thus having all shortcuts
but 'i' available in the live menu.

Just in case that was not clear: I mean having this menu at live boot
(shortcuts marked with ^):

^Live
Live (^failsafe)
^Install
^Advanced options
Live with ^speech synthesis

and the Install submenu would just be the standard install menu:
^Back
^Graphical install
^Install
^Advanced options
^Help
Install with ^speech synthesis

debian-live people, what do you think of that compromise?