Using espeak with brltty-espeak driver

Hello,

I installed a basic debian system without a graphical desktop
environment. Now I would like to use the espeak synthesizer with
brltty. So I installed alsa-base, alsa-utils, espeak and
brltty-espeak. With the command
# aplay <wave file>
I get a sound output. If I run
# espeak "Hello"
espeak is saying "Hello", but also there is an error message:
***
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be found
***

How to activate the brltty espeak driver on the text console? Is it
inough to uncomment the speech-driver line for espeak in /etc/brltty.conf?

Regards,

Ali