Re: stretch orca and wifi connection setup

It's worse than that since debian documentation for command line wireless set up leaves lots of information all over the place and you have to go through several documents and even then you can't be sure you did anything right. There's iwconfig and iwlist to learn. Then it splits into whether you're doing single wireless connection or roaming wireless connection and all of that really ought to be in separated documents. If I ever get the command line network configuration working for a single wireless connection I'll do a step-wise write up on what I did to get all of this working. I hope it will help others once it goes up on the internet.

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016, Nick Gawronski wrote:

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 00:26:20
From: Nick Gawronski <nick@nickgawronski.com>
To: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com>, debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: stretch orca and wifi connection setup

Hi, Why not have options in the installer at low priority about putting the information into the interfaces file and setting up the wireless connections for command line users as this is why lots of people who I know don't use Debian with the command line as it would make sence if wireless was working during the installation it should be working after the installation and if they only have one computer and they are installing only Debian it is kind of tricky to research on line when internet is not working and no document is on the system to help out the new user? Nick Gawronski