major espeakup not speaking in latest testing installation

Hi, I just installed using the Alpha 7 release of the installer for testing and all went well. After rebooting I get espeakup working fine for around 4 minutes or so then for no reason I can tell the speech stops and I have to try different methods as root like restarting the service or killing the process espeakup and running it manually. It is a hit and miss issue. Is anyone else having this issue on a fresh testing installation and if so how can I fix it? Nick Gawronski