Re: GNOME Accessibility Observations #1

Sebastian Humenda <shumenda@gmx.de> wrote:
> I'm experiencing this frequently after a crash of the x-server / after a restart
> of Orca.  "killall speech-dispatcher && speech-dispatcher" resolves this without
> restarting Orca. It'd be intresting to find out what the cause is though.

You need to find out what the cause is of the underlying crash.

You do need to terminate speech-dispatcher before starting another instance of
Orca. As I remember, the speech-dispatcher maintainers had it on their bug
list to fix, but unfortunately they're as under-resourced as other projects in
this area tend to be.