Re: Whonix - Advice on Accessibility for a Debian Derivative

Patrick Schleizer, on Tue 15 Dec 2015 00:27:00 +0000, wrote:
> I am a maintainer of Whonix, which is a Free/Libre Software derivative
> of Debian. In essence, a pre-installed Debian with modifications. Ready
> to be downloaded images to be used inside virtual machines.

So it's a general-purpose image, not especially meant for accessibility?
How do user log into the virtual machine?  Ssh, vnc, something else?

> Would it make sense to install all of the following?
>
> gnome-orca espeakup brltty brltty-speechd brltty-x11 console-braille
> florence dasher kdeaccessibility kvkbd kmousetool kmag kmouth jovie

xbrlapi could be useful too. On Debian it's getting pulled by a
Recommends in gnome-orca and brltty-x11, but perhaps you don't pull
Recommends?

As of Stretch, qt-at-spi should now be getting pulled by libqt4gui
already.

> Any other packages that should be installed by default?

Better voice support for english can be obtained by installing festival.

> Any other settings that should be tuned by default?

For a general-purpose image, the default settings of Debian should
already be fine. If they're not, we shall fix that in Debian.