Re: Making the accessibility stack enabled by default

Christian Schoepplein, le Mon 31 Aug 2015 15:02:18 +0200, a écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 12:33:41AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> >As discussed during DebConf15, we target enabling the accessibility
> >stack by default.  I've studied that a bit more, here are my thoughts:
>
> Diskussing accessibility of Debian should not only be reduced to the
> issues you mensioned, Samuel, there are a few more things that need to
> be worked out, I think.

Of course, but that's an independent matter. I never said we were
reducing it to these issues. See the recipients of the mail: it was
intended for the discussion with the gtk team. The gtk team only cares
about enabling the stack in gtk.

> For example the fact, that the way pulseaudio, speech-dispatcher and all
> this stuff needs to be configured to work propperly, when orca and a
> console screen reader is used.

In the matter at stake, i.e. being able to run orca on a system which
was never explicitly configured for accessibility, there is no console
screen reader, actually.

> So what about these things? Since pulseaudio is used as default for
> sound output, the barriers using Debian with some setups have been
> increased...

Sure, that has to be worked on too.