Re: Making the accessibility stack enabled by default

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 12:33:41AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>As discussed during DebConf15, we target enabling the accessibility
>stack by default.  I've studied that a bit more, here are my thoughts:

Diskussing accessibility of Debian should not only be reduced to the
issues you mensioned, Samuel, there are a few more things that need to
be worked out, I think.

For example the fact, that the way pulseaudio, speech-dispatcher and all
this stuff needs to be configured to work propperly, when orca and a
console screen reader is used. I've installed a fresh Debian 8 a few
months ago and it wasn't really easy and especialy for beginners this
stuff isn't manageable IMHO. Now pulseaudio and speech-dispatcher are
running in system mode and everything is working well, but that kind of
setup is not wanted for security reasons.

So what about these things? Since pulseaudio is used as default for
sound output, the barriers using Debian with some setups have been
increased...

Cheers,

  Christian