Re: New Debian Single Signon

Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 10:55:19AM +0200, Mario Lang wrote:
>
>> >  - can you use the new certificate-based version? With which browser?
>> I apparently managed to manually enroll and download my .crt.
>> However, I fail to see a way how to make use of that .crt for lynx yet.
>> So currently, no, I can't make use of the new system.
>
> Ok, I'm evaluating alternatives. Do you have any experience running lynx
> through stunnel?

No, I'm afraid not.

curl --key mlang.key --cert mlang.crt https://sso.debian.org/spkac/test/env|lynx -stdin

works, but that is barely a solution since you will not be able to
follow any site-specific links.  It is a shame lynx apparently doesn't
have support for client certificates.

OTOH, while I am not really up-to-date with the newest ideas in web
development, it strikes me a bit restrictive to require only
client certificates for SSO in the future.  I can imagine a few
situations where I'd just prefer to enter a password, instead of having
to make sure my environment is modern and permissive enough to let me have client certs.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕