Re: New Debian Single Signon

Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> writes:

> I've set up a prototype of the new sso.debian.org based on client
> certificates, and I'd like your opinion on its accessibility.
> Details of the new setup are here:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2015/08/msg00539.html
> and some more documentation is here:
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianSingleSignOn#Debian_SSO_documentation-1
>
> To use the new setup, you go to https://sso.debian.org/spkac/enroll/,
> log in with your Debian Web password, and use that page to add a
> certificate to your browser.
>
> After that you can visit contributors.debian.org and nm.debian.org
> without needing to log in, until the certificate expires.
>
> This seems to work smoothly with FireFox and Chromium; however, I could
> not find out how to make links and lynx work with client certificates.

I was afraid of that.  A quick search did not reveal anything for me
either.

> So, here are my questions:
>
>  - have you been using sso.debian.org before? With which browser?

Yes, with lynx.  I had to change one option from its default in lynx.cfg
to have sso.debian.org work for summit.debconf.org, which was:
REFERER_WITH_QUERY:PARTIAL
(#794097)

>  - can you use the new certificate-based version? With which browser?

I apparently managed to manually enroll and download my .crt.
However, I fail to see a way how to make use of that .crt for lynx yet.
So currently, no, I can't make use of the new system.

>  - any other comments?

The web is going to kill us.

> (I am not subscribed to this list: please try to keep me in Cc)

Thanks for the heads up!!!

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕