1. The infrastructure already exists on Debian CDs so I don't think it's so much hard to export it to liveCD, and it shouldn't break anything in the 8.2.0 liveCD; 2. The liveCD just should include a script so that, when user presses s or whatever, it set by default the a11y on the desktops, runs Orca, brltty, etc.

I Cc. the a11y list, so that people like Samuel Thibault can tell you how it's difficult to add accessibility on the liveCD, given !hat he wrote the accessible installer and so on.

Regards,

Le 12/08/2015 23:44, Don Raikes a écrit :
Why shouldn't livecd's be accessible out-of-the-box?  After all if you just need to press a couple of keys to enable the accessibility features then I see no reason why they shouldn't have the packages in place to take advantage of the features.

Brltty wouldn't interfere with regular non-braille user work, it would only be useful if a Braille display were attached.  If the user wants to press something like ctrl+super+s to activate accessibility features then why not they won't affect those who don't want those features so don't press the key combination.
-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Owlett [mailto:rowlett@cloud85.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:34 PM
To: debian-live@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Add a package to a liveCD?

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible, in a stable ;iveCD, adding a missing package from the
stable release? e.g. could you add brltty to the liveCD, for a11y
purpose? If you need a bugreport, I can do one. What package should I
mention?

Thanks for feedback.

Regards,

I your question regards a custom cd for yourself, the likely answer is yes.
I've similar thread over on debian-user [https://lists.debian.org/55CA2190.5030305@cloud85.net].

If you are asking for a change to the standard live cd, I don't know.

--

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL

HYPRA, progressons ensemble

Tél.: 01 84 73 06 61