Re: Jenkins Accessibility?

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> writes:

> Mario Lang, le Mon 30 Mar 2015 16:08:01 +0200, a écrit :
>> I see that some people are beginning to use Jenkins in the Accessibility
>> context.
>
> Holger proposed to add a check that speakup & brltty do automatically
> get installed during d-i, indeed.
>
>> I'd like to submit that Jenkins is not very accessible.
>> For instance, all these screen shots are just that, screen shots.
>
> Indeed. The screenshots are however most often not useful at all anyway,
> actually, and the artefact logs are much more interesting to have a look
> at, and I believe they are accessible, see
> https://jenkins.debian.net/view/g-i-installation/job/g-i-installation_debian_jessie_gnome_speakup/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/results/log/installer/syslog
> for instance.

Yeah, since this is basically a syslog, it is accessible.

Maybe we could hold a Jenksins Accessibility session at DebConf with
someone experienced enough with Jenkins to help me/us get the bootstrap
done.  Whenever I looked at it, I found it rather unusable and
confusing, so I can not imagine, for instance, to setup a jenkins test
on my own, or do anything else with it expect for looking at the log you
just linked to.

This could be a case of early frustration, so maybe a tutorial
at DebConf could be useful.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕