Re: solution to the problem of orca and gecko not working in non-gnome environment

am_dxer@fastmail.fm <am_dxer@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 9, 2014, at 12:59 PM, am_dxer@fastmail.fm wrote:
> > In my XFCE environment, It appears that the problem is occurring from a
> > Gtk module import path issue. I coppied the
> > /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/modules directory to /usr/lib/gtk-2.0
> > and things work for me in the Mozilla apps.

This suggests that something needs to be changed to support multi-arch
properly. I would suggest starting with a Debian bug report against Mozilla.
Note that the x86_64-linux-gnu is the multi-arch directory for the libraries
under x86-64.

Also, why copy the file instead of just creating a symbolic link?

> Firstly, I apologize for suggesting such an ugly solution to this
> problem.

At least you've identified what isn't loading; it's now time for a bug report
so that a relevant package maintainer can work with you to have this fixed.