Re: Is this true?

I Think kali will remain on gnome. if even not, kali developpers are in contact with debian accessibility team and i'm sure they won't let the distro become inaccessible at the start, because they are supporting blind and visually impaired who are interested in pentesting and security.
Kali is not Debian anyway, they are different systems.