Re: edbrowse in Stable

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe, le Sat 21 Dec 2013 12:46:20 +0100, a écrit :
> So, if I sum up: elinks hasn't JS enabled by default, based on mozjs. links2
> has one, but it's a internal JS support.

And it's disabled.

> Can we conclude that any text
> browsers which have JS based on mozilla's libs are not reliable?

It's not about reliability, but about safety.

And mozilla itself is safe, it's libmozjs185-dev which is not considered
to be.

So ideally we should make these browsers use libmozjs-dev, but it means
keeping up with the rapid changes it is seeing.  That's precisely what
made edbrowse start failing to build in stable.