Re: Slightly OT: Braille music code to print transcription as a web service

On 11.11.2013 23:31, Mario Lang wrote:
> Sebastian Humenda <shumenda@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> Hello Mario,
>>
>> Mario Lang schrieb am 05.11.2013, 16:54 +0100:
>>> I am working on software to handle braille music code.
>>> I've already produced a sort-of finished application which can
>>> transcribe certain MusicXML files to braille music code (FreeDots).
>> Do you plan to integrate that functionality into BMC or should they both remain
>> independent?
>
> The long-term plan is to integrate MusicXML to Braille transcription
> into BMC as well.  I'd like to incorporate a few things I have learnt
> since I wrote FreeDots into that rewrite.  However, that said, I am
> currently not (yet) actively working on that part in BMC.  Until that
> becomes useable, I can still recommend FreeDots to work with MusicXML scores.

I've found a web service called SinSy that is similar to the well known
Singing Computer[1]. SinSy stands for Singing Synthesis. It also works
using the MusicXML format. Some sample songs are at [2]. I've found out
that there is a program called vConnect-STAND that is also able to
synthesize singing voice[3,4]. It is free sofware under the GPL v3.
Maybe it should be worth to debian-package vConnect-STAND and write an
integration for v.Connect-STAND for BMC.

[1] http://devel.freebsoft.org/singing-computer
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7T_QmP5fJQ
[3] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2knG_MfOis
[4] http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/cadencii/scm/svn/tree/head/vConnect/