Re: modemmanager / inaccessible install for serial displays

Hello Samuel,

Samuel Thibault schrieb am 25.09.2013, 16:11 +0200:
>Sebastian Humenda, le Wed 25 Sep 2013 16:00:19 +0200, a écrit :
>> I know that the problem is known,
>
>Where is it known?
>
>I don't see where modemmanager is used in the installer, could you
>provide the steps you use to reproduce the issue?
I mixed it up with the modemmanager story, partly because the user didn't report
the problem correctly.

It is because the user cannot navigate with the display left/right. He said he
already tried all possible braille keys, but none worked. For him it first
occures in the partioning screen.
Since the user is not able to navigate and can hence not do a full install, I
cannot tell for sure what is wrong there. BRLTTY seems not to recognize the keys
presses.

The display was started using brltty=pm,ttyS0,de. It is a
2d Papenmeier display.

Or is this maybe something to report on the BRLTTY list?

Sebastian
--
Web: http://www.crustulus.de | Blog: http://www.crustulus.de/cgi-bin/blog.cgi?de-0
Freies Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch: http://www.crustulus.de/freedict.de.html