What is the difference between liblouis and liblouis2

Hi, everyone.  I am thinking about making my entrance into the world of electronic braille.  I have a few questions about some programs for this
though.

First of all, what is the difference between liblouis and liblouis2 which are both listed in the debian archives? Is one better than the other or does
it have more tools to work with?

Second of all, what tools are included in the package for translating texts? How can I get the manpagees or info files for these?

I will keep looking for the documentation, but I hope someone on here can help me know what the difference between the two packages liblouis and
liblouis2 are.

Thanks.

--
Doug Smith: Special Agent
S.W.A.T  Spiritual Warfare and Advanced Technology