Re: debian 7 live installer

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> Jonathan Nadeau, le Sun 26 May 2013 19:38:02 -0400, a écrit :
> > I assumed the live installer and the net installer were the same.
>
> Unfortunately no. Only the non-live installer was made accessible.

If the live image includes debootstrap and disk partitioning tools, you could
still install by following the debootstrap instructions, which can be found in
an appendix to the debian installation guide.

Knowledge of Linux system administration is required for this; beginners who
don't know what they are doing could have a very frustrating experience.

The GRML live distribution is excellent for this and provides scripts to
facilitate the process.