Re: anybody here using emacspeak in Debian

I* use it when I can get it installed and set up properly.  Debian is
the only system in my recent memory where an emacspeak install went
without problems.  It's because the speech servers first get installed,
then the install script runs and gets the user to select the speech
server, then finally the rest of the installation happens.

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013, Paul Gevers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just saw that emacsspeak is up for adoption (already a long time),
> that upstream is active, that there is a much newer release than the one
> currently in Debian. I myself am no user of such software, but as I am
> contributor to debian-accessibility, I was wondering how much of you are
> using it and if we (d-a11y) should start to maintain the package. What
> are your experiences with the package? Are alternatives that are
> actively maintained better options and should we just request removal?
>
> I appreciate your opinions.
>
> Paul
>
> emacspeak: speech output interface to Emacs
>
> Emacspeak is a speech output system that will allow someone who cannot
> see to work directly on a UNIX system.
>
> Emacspeak is built on top of Emacs. Once Emacs is started with Emacspeak
> loaded, users get spoken feedback for all actions. As Emacs can do
> everything, they get speech feedback for everything they do.
>
> This package includes speech servers written in Tcl to support the
> DECtalk Express and DECtalk MultiVoice speech synthesizers. For other
> synthesizers, look for separate speech server packages such as
> emacspeak-ss and eflite.

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
Microsoft, windows is accessible. why do blind people need screen readers?