Re: Virtualbox/orca

Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Under debian after installing virtualbox orca says absolutely nothing inside
> of the virtualbox windows. Even when I arrow through the menus I hear
> nothing.
>
> How can I correct this?

I've never tried it but a quick search of the Debian package repository shows
that VirtualBox uses QT, e.g., the virtualbox-qt package.

Step 1: make sure you have the qt-atspi package installed.

Step 2: I think there's an environment variable you have to set. It has been
mentioned here and on the Orca list several times. If you were using Unity 2d
under Ubuntu, it reportedly relies on QT, so the environment variable would
presumably have been set by default. In any case, make sure it's set before
you start any QT application.