Re: setting orca in the startup applications

Hey Jason,

Thanks that worked.

   On 09/05/2012 05:05 AM, Jason White wrote:
Jonathan Nadeau <jonathan@accessiblefreedom.org> wrote:
I'm running Sid and noticed that the startup applications menu is
not visible. I looked to see if it was installed but I'm not sure.
Could anyone give me any suggestions on what I have to do in order
for the startup applications to be visible? I would like it visible
so I can put Orca in the startup applications so that way Orca
starts right at boot.
By "right at boot", do you mean at the gdm login?

If so, I don't know what the current state of this is in Debian but it should
be possible to do, perhaps with a significant amount of work.

It's easy to have Orca started when Gnome is run in a user session, though -
just cp /usr/share/applications/orca.desktop ~/.config/autostart
(create the autostart directory if it doesn't exist already).