Re: Lowering default espeakup speed?

Hello Samuel,

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> schrieb am 23.07.2012, 23:13 +0900:
>We are getting contradictory feedback from users:
>
>- a lot of them find espeakup too fast
>- a lot of them find it too slow
>
>so I'm wondering whether the current default speed (the average) is
>really a good default value.  People who want fast speed are usually
>also those who are able to find in the documentation how to request
>speed increase, while those who prefer a slow speed are often beginners
>who have no clue about such things.  So the idea would be that the
>default would be a "welcoming" slow speed, which people would be able to
Is the current default speed the one you refering to e. g. by invoking espeak on
the shell (-s 150)? This one should be ok, since it's already very slow. People
I've met (and which didn't use a speech synthesizer before) understood text
spoken with this speed.

In general, I think a „welcoming” speed is the best.

Sebastian
--
Blog (English | Deutsch): http://crustulus.de/blog
Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch: