Re: Can you please not send me all those bug reports?

Mario Lang <mlang@debian.org> wrote:

> That said, I think we have two possible ways to proceed:
>  * If after this explanation you still feel that bug reports and upload
>    acknowledgements are not bearable for you, you could try to configure
>    filtering (or scoring) in your mail setup.
>
>  * If the current amount of automated mails and bug report traffic feels
>    counterproductive to other people as well, we could think of setting
>    things up such that these messages will go to a specific mailing for
>    developers only.  Does any feel strongly about this point?  If so,
>    please let your opinion be known.

As one who has commented on this thread earlier, I would like to mention that
I don't feel at all strongly about it and I would be comfortable with either
of the above solutions.

I personally prefer to receive those messages; I use Procmail to make sure
that all mail from this list lands in the appropriate folder, and then I read
the bug reports and package uploads that interest me, in addition to the
general discussion.

A recipe such as the following should work:

:0:
* ^List-Id.*debian-accessibility
debian-accessibility/

Remove the trailing / from the last line if you aren't using maildir folders.

I'm not a Procmail expert; there's probably a more elegant solution, but this
one is known to work. Note that you can't simply use TO_ to match the
messages, since it fails to match some of the bug tracker mail, but matching
on List-Id is successful as this header is carried in all messages distributed
via the list.