Re: Question regarding building Speakup into the Debian Installer

Jeffrey Malewski, le Wed 25 Apr 2012 17:05:43 -0400, a écrit :
> I understand that speakup needs to be made a kernel module, but I'm
> not able to determine where or how that module is loaded except that
> it needs to load before the preseed file.

This is handled in the rootskel package ; in the source, read
./lib/debian-installer-startup.d/S37speakup
that is called quite early at boot. It parses /proc/cmdline and loads
the requested module, as well as disabling the framebuffer, and
registering the module for load in the installed system.