1st feedback for Orca

Hi,

I'd like to share with you my 1st feedback to know if I'm alone or if I
can submit upstream. Here's my tests, before orca decide not working at
all (orca -t says "Cannot import orca module" as user and as root cannot
start. And gdm3 seems to freeze now. Probably other pbs.

1. Before orca running: brltty displays "screen not in text mode" in
French, but still accent problems. So... bug not fixed fully.
2. Generally speaking, is there some accessible solution to shut down
and close session? 3.
3. In Shortcut tab (Preferences -> System settings -> Keyboard), the
focus doesn't move in the list. Is that normal?
4. In Iceweasel (on sid), the movement with arrow keys is difficult.
5. In Shortcut tab of Preferences for orca, I think that the display is
very strange: instead of having the cursor on the 1st letter of the
command, top-left on braille window, we have something like:
" orca orca preferences shortcut tab" and the command (at least 80
useless characters).
6. Finally, I suggest to study default shortcuts: why are they, by
default, so different from NVDA or Jaws? Couldn't we do better?

I'd appreciate your feedbacks. I'll try debug my problem and go on
testing, including reporting things depending on your feedbacks.

Regards,

--
Jean-Philippe MENGUAL

accelibreinfo, votre partenaire en informatique adaptée aux déficients visuels

Tél.: 06.76.34.93.37

Mail: mengualjeanphi@free.fr

Site Web: http://www.accelibreinfo.eu