Re: Still requesting sponsorship for daisy-player

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Paul Gevers <paul@climbing.nl> wrote:
> Several samples can be found at the daisy web-site:
> http://www.daisy.org/samples (Mind you that daisy-player currently only
> plays version 2 daisy books, upstream is working on version 3, but that
> might take some time).

I tried it out, and it works well.  I'll get it into the main Vinux repo.

I see there's no ability to control the speed, which is something I
know how to fix.  I see it uses a player called madplay.  I could
easily enough enhance madplay to take a speech rate factor, and
upgrade daisy-player to have a speed control.  Would this be useful?
Would they be interested in such a feature upstream?

Bill