Gdm and Orca configuration

Is there a wiki page or other documentation that explains how to configure Gdm
under Debian to invoke Orca?

There are hot-keys defined in the supplied Gdm configuration for starting
Orca, but they don't seem to work by default, suggesting that some
configuration is required. Web searches haven't provided any answers, other
than some old references.

Also, does gdm 3 work with Orca, or is it still necessary to run Gdm 2.x? I
recall a discussion of shortcomings in Gdm 3 a few years ago, which prevented
it from being compatible with accessible login, but this may have changed by
now.

I am planning to give a presentation related to accessibility later this
month, and Gdm is the one area in which I know I don't have the necessary
background. Since I'm running Debian, I thought I should start here.

For my own needs, startx is perfectly sufficient, since I don't use X often
enough to justify having it running by default.