Re: GNOME 3.2 / pyatspi / at-spi2-core

Hi.
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 08:31:45PM +0100, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> It seems that Mario is very busy and cannot answer. I would like to
> help, however everybody knows that my technical skills are limited, so I
> can't take a decision and test beyond the user point of view.
>
> So I propose something:
> - Could someone tell me what packages shuld be updated?
> - I would update the packages on experimental. Thus, even sid users will
> be able to work using experimental packages, without needing push to
> sid.
> - Then, let Mario decide about pushing to sid;
> - if he doesn't come back (I can't believe it), we'll have to find a
> solution to do technical tests.

The existing at-spi 2.0 packages need to be updated to version 2.2.3.
The following is the link to the announcement.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2011-November/msg00019.html

> All I know now is that if Mario didn't push to sid, it's because it
> didn't consider that the atspi2 packages work enough. Is there some
> update which fix the problems? No idea.

Yes, the 2.0 release wasn't much use.  The 2.2 release should do better.

> What do you think of all that? If my help is needed, I can give it. If
> no... wait and see

I think Debian needs packages for at-spi 2.2 and orca 3.2.2.
Those are the latest upstream releases for gnome 3.2.
The sooner packages exist in Debian, the sooner the issues can be documented for Wheezy.

      Kenny