Re: RFS: libbrailleutils-java

Sebastian Humenda, le Wed 07 Sep 2011 18:18:09 +0200, a écrit :
> Hi Samuel,
>
> Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> schrieb am 29.08.2011, 18:09 +0200:
> >Sebastian Humenda, le Sat 27 Aug 2011 20:34:46 +0200, a écrit :
> >> The package can be found on crustulus.de:
> >> Git:
> >>   http://crustulus.de/brailleutils.git
> >> The whole set of files:
> >>   http://crustulus.de/libbrailleutils-java_1.2~b-1_all.deb
> >>   http://crustulus.de/libbrailleutils-java_1.2~b-1.debian.tar.gz
> >
> >- You should use the upstream name brailleutils for the source package
> Does this include to rename the orig.tar.gz?

Yes.

> >- debian/copyright does not seem up to date concerning copyright notices
> >  and licences: holder is now simply the consortium apparently.
> No, the copyright holder is Joel Hakanson and now also Bert Frees (who did a lot
> of work for the last release).

Well, this is not what the source code says (Braille Utils (C) 2010-2011
Daisy Consortium). ftp-master will frown upon this discrepancy, you will
have to explain (e.g. mention discussions with upstream about the real
holder) in debian/copyright.

> >- You should put your git repository url in debian/control
> Can I host my git repository somewhere at Debian / sub projects?

Sure, just take an alioth account, and we'll add you to the pkg-a11y
team.

> >- you should check the java packaging policy for the rules to ease
> >  classpath management.
> The classpath is entirely managed upstream,

I mean not only the classpath used by libbrailleutils, but the classpath
used by the users of libbrailleutils. IIRC the java packaging policy has
some rules to somehow automatically provide the necessary classpath to
these users.