Re: feedback regarding a11y in squeeze
- To: Halim Sahin <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: feedback regarding a11y in squeeze
- From: Jean-Philippe MENGUAL <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 23:20:10 +0200
- Message-id: <1310073610.3027.93.camel@maison>
- In-reply-to: <20110707185113.GA16141@gentoo.local>
- References: <20110706211036.GB10933@gentoo.local> <1310000110.3032.25.camel@maison> <20110707185113.GA16141@gentoo.local>
Le jeudi 07 juillet 2011 à 20:51 +0200, Halim Sahin a écrit :
> On Do, Jul 07, 2011 at 02:55:10 +0200, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
> > Debian works fine with alsa.
> yes, but speech-dispatcher doesn't :-(.
> I you switch to alsa in speechd, you have to restart speech-dispatcher
> about 10 times a day because of segfaults in speechd's alsa code.
> This happens with standard onbaord audio chips.
> Soundcard with hardware mixing are working more stable in this case.
Do you use the service? or do you run speech-dispatcher as user? The service is bugged, the software as user works here.
> > What does orca says exactly when you arrive on chat windows? It should
> > work normally.
> Orca did not say anything when a new message arived.
Very strange this. Here no problem...