gdm3 issues

Hello,

Maybe this is not the right place for my question, but I take the chance, since it is braille related.

I've installed Debian Squeeze on my desktop machine.
I selected "Desktop environment" in Tasksel.
I used BRLTTY durring install.
The install process went just fine, but after reboot, my braille display behaved crazy. The text "screen not in text mode" flashed the display, and I was unable to stop it.
Nothing worked.
I ccouldn't switch to a text console, kill X with ctrl+alt+backspace, or nothing else.

To get the system started at all, I chmoded the gdm init script to -x.

Anyone who has a solution for this?

Regards, Martin