Re: RFS: daisy-player (next try, new upstream version)

Hello,

At last I find time to pop my TODO up to there.

- daisy-player.desktop changes should be forwarded upstream.
- you should ask upstream to remove -s from LDLIBS, and rather use
  install -s instead. Bonus: when building without installing, you have
  the debugging symbols.
- you should ask upstream to use a -DPREFIX=/usr/local instead of
  hardcoding it.
- you can detect the list of locales by using

LST1:=$(wildcard daisy-player.*.po)
LST2:=$(patsubst daisy-player.%.po,%,$(LST1))

Paul Gevers, le Sun 16 Jan 2011 12:20:42 +0100, a écrit :
> Known issues (comments welcome):
> - I have asked upstream to add license and copyright notices to the
> translation files.

Indeed, that's missing. Do you know if the notices are just missing and
debian/copyright is actually accurate already?

> - I have asked upstream to move the .daisy-player.rc file to the already
> existing .daisy-player directory.

I don't see this?

> - Upstream ships the icons in a zipped tar file. Should I ask him to
> ship them directly (in a sub-directory for instance) or is unzipping at
> build time also fine?

Is there really a reason for them to ship it in a tarball? If not,
they'd rather just unpack it. Else it's not too bad to have it as a
tarball.

> - Get an agreement with upstream on the description of daisy-player in
> the desktop and manual file.

I guess it is related with my comment above.

The only barring point is whether debian/copyright has proper
information for the translation files. The rest should be OK for a first
upload.