Re: Metapackages for accessibility

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:44:52AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> The problem with accessibility is that you can not make such decision.
>
> It's an area where you can not define a default value, as the possible
> combinations of disabilities are numerous, and thus the combination of
> tools to be used by a user are even more numerous (since it also depends
> on taste, workflow, etc.).

This is what Mario told me and what I not really forgot.  What I wanted
to say is that you can even present a list of recommendations to enable
the user selecting from this list (perhaps enhanced by a short
explanation of the options to choose from).  It seems perfectly doable
in a debconf script to tell the user that the metapackage will install
screen readers A, B and C with the features ... and he has to select one
of them which will be activated later.  To switch to a different
screenreader dpkg-reconfigure could be used.

Giving the user an educated advise is actually is a decision.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de