Re: Metapackages for accessibility

Andreas Tille, le Thu 22 Jul 2010 09:01:59 +0200, a écrit :
> In my eyes a metapackage is some kind of technically realising a
> decision some knowledged people (you, the accessibility team in this
> case) have made and will be ironed out in recommendations of different
> strengthes to the uneducated user.  IMHO it is just a question how
> clever you design the metapackage to fullfill this purpose.

The problem with accessibility is that you can not make such decision.

It's an area where you can not define a default value, as the possible
combinations of disabilities are numerous, and thus the combination of
tools to be used by a user are even more numerous (since it also depends
on taste, workflow, etc.).