Re: issues with the debian installer

Simon Eigeldinger <simon.eigeldinger@vol.at> wrote:
> After starting the computer, pressing tab and typing in brltty=ht,,de
> and hitting enter brltty was coming up and showing me the message
> "screen not in text mode".
>
> Is that normal that it does that now? Or is this something which
> shouldn't happen?

It shouldn't happen. I reported it over a year ago and it is my understanding
that it was fixed then.

When BRLTTY is loaded, the installer shouldn't run the graphical
console that it normally does; it's supposed to remain in text mode.

If you're comfortable using Debootstrap, a work-around would be to install
from a GRML CD.