Re: My screen is unreadable because full of messages from brltty

Hi,

Le dimanche 06 juin 2010 à 17:29 +0200, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
> Jean-Philippe MENGUAL, le Sun 06 Jun 2010 17:12:19 +0200, a écrit :
> > (I don't know if someone saw this message on backports ml and I guess
> > here is more adapted).
>
> I'd guess nobody from debian-accessibility is subscribed to the
> backports ml. Reporting on brltty@mielke.cc could be even more
> appropriate.
Well I was right so :) I prefer posting here. On the brltty ml I've aleeady done without success. I should contact Olivier directly I think.

> > So far my logs were full of messages such as:
> > brltty[1618]: input byte missing at offset 2 brltty[1618]: input byte
> > missing at offset 1 brltty[1618]: input byte missing at offset 1
>
> This looks like a driver issue. You can reduce the level of log details
> by adding
>
> log-level error
I tried. Same problem

> in your brltty.conf. Did you try the 4.2 release?
>
> > I precise that this bug only appears on a 32bits system, on amd64 only
> > messages appear in log (it's a problem, but less critical).
>
> I believe it's just a matter of differing syslog configuration.
Ok you give a very important answer: indeed, on 32bits, as on amd64, I changed
sysklogd to rsyslog. It's probably the reason. But 2 questions so: how can I
configure rsyslog not to display these messages (or at least on stdout); should
I priviledge debug brltty driver (so Olivier)?

I tried 4.2, same problem. It's due mainly to rsyslog so. I don't know how I can configure it differently, all the more as since on amd64 it has another problem (syslog stays empty, I'll ask for this on another list).

Regards,

> Samuel

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL