Re: Speakup modules in squeeze

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 12:56 +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 01:54:47AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> >
> > Please review these and let the kernel team know whenever speakup needs
> > to be updated.  Currently staging drivers are only built for x86 because
> > many of them are not really portable.  I think this is not the case for
> > speakup, so let me know if it should be built for more architectures.
> >

> great, as code quality does not satisfy upstream yet,
> can we also add the taint flag on load for those.
> didn't check if it already happens for aufs and speakup.

This is already done.  The taint flag is added when a module is loaded
and its module info includes the keyword 'staging'.  modpost adds this
to all modules built under drivers/staging, and I included a patch to
add this to aufs2.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
I'm not a reverse psychological virus.  Please don't copy me into your sig.