Re: a11y and pulseaudio in debian squeeze???

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:15:00AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Yes, that's what I meant by "casual".  Independent volume control can
> > be interesting indeed.  I'm not sure casual users really care.

	If PA has a good, behind the scenes interface, I would gladly
use it.  I commonly listen to more than one thing at a time, and if alsa
alone can't handle soft music in the background while working on
something in Orca, I'd say there was a need for Pulse Audio.
Personally, I'd love to see it handle quadraphonic audio, having, say,
Orca on the left rear speaker, SpeakUP on the right rear speaker, and
music and other sources on the two front speakers, if it were possible.
Having an option like that alone would be worth the apt-get to me,
especially if I wanted to monitor more than one thing at a time.  Hell,
I'd even love using different voices for different jobs, and make the
computer act as if I were working with a team, right down to seating
positions around a conference table for each voice.  I miss having the
ability to monitor multiple windows the way I did when I was sighted,
and I think something like PA could restore that ability in the
not-too-distant future.

	Just my 2 cents...

			Michael