Re: a11y and pulseaudio in debian squeeze???

Halim Sahin <halim.sahin@freenet.de> wrote:
> Will squeeze use PA as default soundserver?

I doubt it; Debian tend to be good at not imposing such complexity on people
who don't want or need it. If you install the gnome-desktop-environment
package, Pulse Audio is not a dependency (unless that has changed recently).
Even if this were to change for Gnome, I doubt that Pulse Audio would be
installed by default for a purely text-based system.

Also, for audio editing and other high-performance applications, jackd appears
to be still the sound server of choice - PA doesn't meet the requirements for
low-latency audio that jackd is designed to satisfy.